07 August 2012

Docerela Creations - #18 Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone!


While surfing the net for new challenges to inspire me, I came across this "sketch" challenge. The idea is to design a card based on this template sketch, created by their design team.


My boyfriend Ryley is coming home from Yellowknife in just over a week. He's been away working since May!!! Needless to say, I am looking forward to his return (even though it will be just a quick visit) and was incidentally trying to think of a layout for a "Welcome Home" card. This one immediately inspired me and worked perfectly for what I wanted to achieve. Enjoy!
 


 

For this card, I wanted to try something new and different. Instead of using my Martha Stewart butterfly punches, I decided to use my beautiful Hero Arts butterfly stamps, and then cut them out individually. With the woodgrain patterned paper, I think it gave it a natural feel... but still playful with the owl! 

Supplies:
Momento Rich Cocoa Dye Ink Pad
Stampin' Up - Fabulous Phrases
Alphabet Stamp Set
Hero Arts Clear Stamps - Antique Engravings Butterflies
Darcie's Clear Stamps - Owl You Do
Authentique - Carefree 6x6 Paper Pad
MME Stella and Rose - Hazel Papers 6x6 Paper Pad
EK Success 2" Scallop Circle Punch
EK Success Honey Bee Non-Stick Scissors
Staedtler Triplus Fineliners

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle im so glad you bumped into our challenge! thank you do much for joining us at docerela creations


    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the inspiration! Now that I've discovered your site, I'll be following for future challenges too :).

      Delete
  2. What a great card, Michelle! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Docerela Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! Great design! Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations!
    Carri ~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card! Love this owl, such a nice touch! Thanks for joining us on Docerela Creation and create something so beautiful with my sketch!

    ReplyDelete