24 September 2012

Simon Says Stamp + Hero Arts Challenge, Entry #1: Smile

Hola Amigas and Amigos.

This week, I have been pumping out cards like it's going out of style. Which is pretty impressive considering I've been so busy. I think I just spend every free moment I have in front of my crafts. They have migrated from the living room to dining room and now kitchen. My parents came home from camping and my dad wasn't too pleased... "No, no, no, no. Not the kitchen." Ooops. I've tidied and condensed most stuff again, but I can't promise it will stay like that. 

I was inspired by two current challenges... twice! The Simon Says Stamp Emboss It Challenge and the Hero Arts Fall Feast and a Color Challenge. The Hero Arts Challenge is fun and different because they hold a month long challenge. Winners are chosen twice throughout the month, and you can enter as many times as you want before the deadline (Sept 27). Additionally, the team chooses five of their favorite projects as the winners, rather than making it a random draw. Both methods are fun, but the competitive contests always bring a bit more out of me. 



I started by choosing colors that closely approximated the Hero Arts Challenge color scheme:

colors-sept2012 

I always love choosing paper and colors to work with so this got the wheels turning. I used the Hero Arts Large Stencil Flower stamp as the main piece - embossing it in white on each sheet of purple, then carefully cutting out the layers and pedals, and finally reassembling it with dimentional adhesive to give more body. I used a white opaque marker to fill in the lines edging each pedal. And of course I had to throw on some pearls. The edger punch is a Martha Stewart punch I just received as a birthday gift from my cousin! :) The smile is also embossed in white for a crisp finish.



 


Hope you all enjoyed your weekends! Adios.

Michelle xoxo


Supplies:

Hero Arts Large Stencil Flower

Technique Tuesday Ali Edwards FAVORITE MEMORIES Clear Stamps 
Versamark WATERMARK Rubber Stamp Emboss Chalk Resist Ink Pad
American Crafts Zing! OPAQUE White Embossing Powder
Kaiser Craft Pearls PEARL 
Martha Stewart DAISY LACE Deep Edge Punch
Precision Heat Emboss Tool Gun Hero Arts
Glue Runner Adhesive
EK Success HONEY BEE Non-Stick Scissors   

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done, Michelle!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete