21 October 2012

THANK YOU

Hello!

I was working this evening (I serve part-time)... and I was frequently reminded of how glad I am to be done school and starting a real job soon cause I am so over the restaurant scene. There's something to be said about a steady income... and tips aren't exactly consistent. It's a frustrating job at times, and there's very little reward for what you do (except in the monetary sense, ocassionally). So here I am again, thankful I'll be working as a Physiotherapist in 2 weeks! Then I can start doing something positive for the world! And I'll finally see rewards!

My next creation is a Thank You card. I stamped and embossed the dandilions on the background, arranging them in a way that makes them look like they are blowing away. I'm happy with how it turned out...but I guess, you be the judge!

The resist canvas is also a lot of fun! I bought this pack of butterflies, and another of flowers a little while ago but this is the first I've used them! I inked them up with a few shades of distress ink, then dabbed off the excess to reveal the pattern. Adds great texture too.





Materials

Hero Arts Clear Stamps TYPE
Stampin' Up SIMPLY SOFT Hostess Set (Retired?)  

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad PICKED RASPBERRY Ranger SUMMER 
The Twinery CARIBBEAN - Teal & White Baker's Twine
Kaiser Craft Pearls PEARL 
Martha Stewart DAISY LACE Deep Edge Punch
Glue Runner Adhesive
EK Success Honey Bee Non-Stick Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment